Different types of Anaerobic Digestion
While the process of Anaerobic digestion is rather simple the ways that people have come up to get that process to work are quite diverse and varied. From some of the most simplistic the Anaerobic Lagoon (or Covered Lagoon) where all you do is put a strong gas-tight cover over an existing lagoon and let nature take its course from there. To Digesters that require specific solids percentage, particulate sizes, temperature controls, ph controls, and a host of other scientific and mechanical processes and tools to process the material before, during, and after digestion. there is a variety of different types of Anaerobic Digester Tech.
Digesters here is a long list written back in 2002 it is bigger now.
Examples of anaerobic digesters include:
- Anaerobic activated sludge process
- Anaerobic clarigester
- Anaerobic contact process
- Anaerobic expanded-bed reactor
- Anaerobic filter
- Anaerobic fluidized bed
- Anaerobic lagoon
- Anaerobic MBRs
- Anaerobic migrating blanket reactor
- Batch system anaerobic digester
- Continuous stirred-tank reactor (CSTR)
- Expanded granular sludge bed digestion (EGSB)
- Hybrid reactor
- Imhoff tank
- Internal circulation reactor (IC)
- One-stage anaerobic digester
- Plug-flow anaerobic digester
- Submerged media anaerobic reactor
- Sintex Digester
- Two-stage anaerobic digester
- Upflow anaerobic sludge blanket digestion (UASB)
- Upflow and down-flow anaerobic attached growth
Today there are 4 popular digester designs the get used they are the covered lagoon for its cheap cost, complete mixed tank for its reliability, plug flow digester for its simplicity, and high rate digesters for their efficiency. Our OMR digester tank is the next evolution of digestion. It has the efficiency of a high-rate digester and the reliability of a complete mixed tank. To learn more about OMR tanks click here.
The OMR is the next evolution of Anaerobic Digestion taking the best from the other designs in beautiful harmony.
Contact us today to find out which of the different types of Anaerobic Digester tech will work best for your site